(VIT) Vellore Institute of Technology
Get A Free Registration!
Direct Admission in VIT
VIT University was established with the aim of providing quality higher education on par with international standards. It persistently seeks and adopts innovative methods to improve the quality of higher education on a consistent basis. The campus has a cosmopolitan atmosphere with students from all corners of the globe. Experienced and learned teachers are strongly encouraged to nurture the students. The global standards set at VIT in the field of teaching and research spurs us on in our relentless pursuit of excellence. In fact, it has become a way of life for us. The highly motivated youngsters on the campus are a constant source of pride. Our Memoranda of Understanding with various international universities are our major strength. They provide for an exchange of students and faculty and encourage joint research projects for the mutual benefit of these universities. Many of our students, who pursue their research projects in foreign universities, bring high quality to their work and esteem to India and have done us proud. With steady steps, we continue our march forward. We look forward to meeting you here at VIT.
It was established under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission (UGC) Act, 1956, and was founded in 1984 as a self-financing institution called the Vellore Engineering College. The Union Ministry of Human Resources Development conferred University status on Vellore Engineering College in 2001. The University is headed by its founder and Chancellor, Dr. G. Viswanathan, a former Parliamentarian and Minister in the Tamil Nadu Government. In recognition of his service to India in offering world class education, he was conferred an honorary doctorate by the West Virginia University, USA. Sankar Viswanathan, Sekar Viswanathan and G.V. Selvam are the Vice-Presidents; Dr. Anand A. Samuel is the Vice-Chancellor and Dr. V. Raju and Dr. S. Narayanan are the Pro-Vice-Chancellors.
To educate students from all over India, including those from the local and rural areas, and from other countries, so they become enlightened individuals, improving the living standards of their families, industry and society. We will provide individual attention, world-class quality education and take care of character building.
VIT University will impart futuristic technical education and instil high patterns of discipline through our dedicated staff, which shall set global standards, making our students technologically superior and ethically strong, who in turn shall improve the quality of life of the human race.
NAAC has re-accredited VIT University with an 'A' grade.
VIT campus is spread across a vast area of 250 acres. A striking feature of VIT is the well- planned and comprehensive infrastructure provided for both students and faculty. Fully furnished and well-equipped labs decorate every building in the University with over 55 servers to manage all the data transmissions. Moreover, the university is blessed with ample features that support all kinds of events - Auditoriums, plush open spaces, outdoor stages and much more.
Community Outreach (CSRD & RS )
- The aim of CSRD & RS is to improve the quality of the life of the rural folks by meeting their basic needs of the present without compromising the ability of the future generations through participative planning and implementation.
- "Go to the People. Live among them. Learn from them. Serve them. Plan with them. Start with what they know. Build on what they have. And when the best leaders leave, the people will say, "We have done it ourselves".
- The mission is to promote sustainable rural development through participative planning, capacity building , effective networking, research and innovative efforts.
- A thirst for serving the rural needs and challenges saw its birth on Dec 1st 2005, as the Centre for Sustainable Rural Development and Research Studies (CSRD&RS), with the visionary support of our Chancellor Dr.G.VISWANATHAN. It was inaugurated by His Excellency Dr.A.P.J.Abdul Kalam, President of India on 1st December, 2005 to provide better and effective services for the growth and development of rural needy through its various activities. It sees through the sustainable development and working among the socially-economically deprived and marginalized communities including children, youth, women, farmers in the community. It provides for better and effective services for the growth and development of rural needy through its various activities and projects.
- Over 1,95,000 appeared for the VIT Engineering Entrance Examination (VITEEE) in 2015
- The institution offers 19 Undergraduate, 34 Post graduate, 2 Integrated and 4 Research Programmes.
- A 360-acre eco-friendly campus with over 50.83 lakh sq.ft. built-up space at Vellore.
- A 170 acre eco-friendly second campus at Chennai.
- Over 24,000 students, with nearly 1/3rd of them women
- Students from 50 countries as well as from every state in India
- Over 1400 faculty and 1413 staff.
- VIT has been accredited by TCS, Wipro and Cognizant for academic collaboration and placements.
- Entered the Limca Book of Records for Campus Recruitment